Wednesday, March 19, 2008

THING 2

Didn't Dr. Seuss write about Thing 1 and Thing 2
in the Cat in the Hat?
They were mischief-makers
weren't they? Hmmm...

In Stephen Abram's interview he remarked that
one
can always find the time to do what we want,
like smoking, but he didn't say how hard it can
be to
create new habits, new ways to think.
One needs
both the time (21 days to a habit)
and the desire to change.


Abram also said to look for the unintended
consequences
of learning 23 Things on a Stick.
Like my mind wandering
to the possible
applications of some of these things

in reaching out to one's community?

On the Internet
our chimp-like fingers and
trapeze hands catch stuff mostly by
accident.


I must say, this 23 thing stuff has inspired me
to try my
hand at creating a presentation
(Powerpoint? YouTube?) about how to
order books from our online library catalog.

I think the powerpoint idea is a direct
result of working through these 23
things!

On to Thing 3.

No comments: