Sunday, March 23, 2008

BETWEEN Things

See that Big Beautiful RSS button (Really Simple Syndication)
in the right-hand column? That happened with
the son's help. (digital age: 16 years)

How? NOW GET THIS: Instructions, teenage style:

"Mom, go to Google. Type: 'HTML' in search box."

Well, "DAAH" or "D'OH!" per Homer Simpson.
(It's the
mimic/copy, trial & error method!
Digital beings do it ALL the time.)

We simply copied an example HTML text from this
tutorial
and grabbed the RSS picture from another spot.

SHAKE & BAKE.
(Do copyright laws apply here in the learning-to-blog world?
Answer: Mom, the copyright police can't look through everything!)

"Son, what happens to that RSS button if the website
we got it from is deleted?"
Response,"There will just
be an X in
the corner of an empty square."

I think
the same thing will happen on this blog if I
deleted my avatar on Yahoo.


Note that I figured out how to edit the italicized font.
Son helped me with that too. As
I suspected, I had
inadvertently
made italicized font part of the template.

On to THING 5.

See the "GAMES" link to Becky's Flickr
image-Sudoku in the right-hand column?
That's my first attempt to do THING 5!
Can you figure out how to play?

p.s. The word "PREFECTIONIST" above Ms. Avatar (who I moved because she was lost on the bottom of the page) was done on purpose to remind me not to get so serious or be too much of a perfectionist!

No comments: