Saturday, April 5, 2008

THING 13

igoogle, therefore i am?

It was mentioned in 23's recommended reading that
yahoo calendar is one of the oldest online calendar systems.

That seems right because back in 2001
my brothers and sisters used yahoo calendar
in an attempt to coordinate efforts to
support our newly widowed mother.

The Litchfield Public Library uses an online calendar
so library staff can schedule use of their public meeting room.

My personal fee-based e-mail service offers calendar and
task reminders and these pop up when I check e-mail.
Its calendar can be uploaded/shared, synced, "beamed"
with one's phone or pda and the stars know whatelse.

I decided to try Empressr because I want to create
online instructions for using our library system's catalog.
Powerpoint seems too static. I want to use
some animations or video/YouTube.

With Empressr other librarians could help create a
better presentation than I could alone.

(...this will not get done before the 23 things deadline,
gotta finish the rest of the things first!)

No comments: