Sunday, April 6, 2008

THING 14

Took the Library THING tour.

Added a library thing list below
my profile on the right.

This could be a valuable social
networking/book club asset AND
reading promotion device to have
linked with a library catalog.

Yesterday I jumped ahead to
THING 20 because I heard that
you could fill and display a
virtual bookshelf in Facebook.

There were 212 book-related
applications listed at Facebook.

I created an account, added
an application called "my bookshelf"
(developed by Leung LLC) and filled
the shelf with newer books
from our library catalog! The cover
images are beautiful.

In Facebook it looked like there
were many virtual bookshelf applications
to pick from. The most popular were
"visual bookshelf" by the developer
Hungry Machine, "books iread" developed
by Ugenie and "books" by Jonathan Lipps.


FYI: I am treating this blog as a reference notebook.
Links and direct connections to web 2.0 THINGS
are added as windows for investigating 23 THINGS
in future with more depth.

No comments: