Wednesday, April 9, 2008

THING 15

Spent a little time investigating
secondlife; registered and
downloaded the viewing
software onto a flash drive.
Pretty sure that is the only
way one could use this site
on a public library computer
with dsl.

Dial-up, like I have at home,
is not capable of bringing
that 3-D world to me.
This game looks like it could
be time-consuming.

In the past few years teen boys in
our neck of the woods have come
to the library to play runescape.

The phenomenon of sitting next
to one of your friends and
meeting him online in this game
was fascinating to me. The boys
share (whisper loudly) about ways
to function in that rarefied ancient
British-made world.

Spent a little time looking
at the puzzle pirates game.
This one I could do with my
dial-up at home, but it took
several hours to download :(

This experience, creating a blog,
has been similar to decorating
and rearranging a room, without
the expense!

My tendency is to go back to
already published content to
review and edit for conciseness,
and sometimes to enhance by
widget, links or other interactive item.

No comments: