Friday, April 11, 2008

THING 19, PODCASTING

A couple years ago my brothers and sisters
gifted me an 8GB Mp3 player. Shortly
thereafter I tried subscribing to podcasts with
an open source software called JUICE.
Google reader and the Firefox live bookmark
are more recently tried aggregator tools.

I looked into the podcast directories
listed in 23 THINGS. Here is an example
of an EASI podcast offered at Barrier-free IT
(this one is very serious, don't expect entertainment)

Does Course Content Need to be Accessible?

At the EASI web site I saw the word "vodcast"
which stands for video podcast. It looks like
the word "podcast" includes vodcasts.

Despite the fact that some aspects
of the EASI web site didn't
work right from my end, I found so
much useful information, I didn't care!
Case in point; look at this page! Most
useful for librarians who want to know
more about library accessibility issues
and solutions!

A vodcast uses the RSS concept but is
like TV on demand. It works on computer/TV
and players like iPod touch.

Look at FireAnt or iTunes to subscribe
to internet TV channels and podcasts/vodcasts.
Here's a link to a free 2007 BBC Newsnight
podcast at FireAnt.

No comments: